Wednesday, June 14, 2006

SUMMER is HERE

My Encyclopedia says that Summer starts on or about June 21st with the Summer Solstice. That's when the sun is farthest away from us!

But Tuesday evening at about 6:30 I heard an ice-cream truck going by with its raucous music blaring and bell clanging. For me Summer has started! I can wear shorts and a t-shirt, find bugs on the ground and see girls in bikinis. That's summer for me!

Summer Fun
[Advertisement for skin care products on Odori in Morioka]

It's also the rainy season, but if it's like most rainy seasons there will be some sun here and there so be sure and stock up on the summer fun products of your choice!

2 Comments:

Blogger JAEbugs said...

An ice cream truck definitely signals summer! We are getting HOT here- wish we had a rainy season to cool us down- but, I bet it is a hot, muggy rain there? Maybe not so coolish-down-ish...

Cool blog- I am about to explore it.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Whoosh said...

Whatfunny ads! The sun scared me though...he looks like he's going to eat them!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home